[rkward-devel] [JSS-Announce] Special issue on GUI's for R

Stefan Rödiger stefan_roediger at gmx.de
Fri Jun 25 17:14:27 UTC 2010

Okay I'll try to take over the lead position. I have to admit that I'm working
currently on two papers … but let's see how far we get.

So far we have in the boat:

Thomas (some content, advise, comments)
Meik (content, writing)
Matthieu (feedback)
Detlef (content, writing)
Prasenjit (writing on statistical terms, graphics)
Stefan (content, writing, coordination)

That sounds healthy.

Regarding the processor from my own experience OOo was the better tool when
working with several people. Line numbering, plain format, change tracking,
grammar and spell check, graphical arrangement are some not to underestimate
benefits. From odt to tex is an comparable easy transition when a paper is in
the final shape content wise. However, I'm also open for tex if all consent.
SVN sounds good to me.

For the planning:
1) I'll try to make an outline till Friday (02.07.2010) next week (or
earlier). Then I'll sent it to you.
2) We discuss the outline (topics/chapter, needed figures, …)
3) We'll strip down the paper in sections and start corresponding documents.
4) Fill the parts with content (either person wise or in a certain order).

More to come.

Regards
Stefan