[rkward-devel] Various Questions abount RKWard

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Jun 3 09:03:05 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Tuesday 01 June 2010, Jacek Rużyczka wrote:
> #2:
> 0.4.9b seems to be a not really up-to-date version of RKWard. I have looked
> into the various RPM search engines, but found nothing "fresher" than
> 0.4.9b-4.9. Or is there a more up-to-date RPM for my system (see below)
> available?

0.4.9b is pretty ancient. And in fact, when working with R >= 2.10.0, you
should use at least 0.4.9c. The most recent release is 0.5.3, however. I don't
know about the portability of RPMs between Fedora and openSuSE, but the Fedora
packages are up-to-date:
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=4881 . I guess simply
installing that on openSuSE is at least worth a try (perhaps the fc13 variant
is closest).

If that does not work out, installing from source is not all that difficult on
Linux. See http://p.sf.net/rkward/compiling for info.

> #3:
> I would like to enrich my data table with a random-sampled variable by
>  using R functions like sample() or rnorm(). Is there a possibility to do
>  this without using the R console?

No, this is not implemented, yet. If you like, you could try writing a plugin
for that: http://rkward.sourceforge.net/documents/devel/plugins/index.html .