[rkward-devel] Various Questions abount RKWard

Jacek Rużyczka stacheldraht at interia.pl
Tue Jun 1 16:25:25 UTC 2010

Hello,

yes, I have just started using the RKWard software. After a couple of hours of
work, may I hereby post a handful of questions:

#1:
Sometimes I get the following message right after startup: "The R backend is
requesting the following information from you:" Next line: "Selection:".
Whatever I type in, the dialog reappears (endless loop?), and when I press
"Cancel", RKWard crashes.

Solution: I had to update RKWard from 0.4.9a to 0.4.9b. Then everything
worked.

#2:
0.4.9b seems to be a not really up-to-date version of RKWard. I have looked
into the various RPM search engines, but found nothing "fresher" than
0.4.9b-4.9. Or is there a more up-to-date RPM for my system (see below)
available?

#3:
I would like to enrich my data table with a random-sampled variable by using R
functions like sample() or rnorm(). Is there a possibility to do this without
using the R console?

And, yes, this is my system configuration:

openSuSE 11.2 / x86_64
rkward-0.4.9b-4.9.x86_64
R-base-2.11.1-1.1.x86_64
R-base-devel-2.11.1-1.1.x86_64