[rkward-devel] [JSS-Announce] Special issue on GUI's for R

"Stefan Rödiger" stefan_roediger at gmx.de
Fri Jul 9 17:01:35 UTC 2010

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: 9 Jul 2010 18:15:29 +0200
> Von: "Thomas Friedrichsmeier" <thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
> An: rkward-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
> Betreff: Re: [rkward-devel] [JSS-Announce] Special issue on GUI\'s for R

> Hi,

Hi

> On Wednesday 07 July 2010, Stefan Rödiger wrote:
> > Sure, take the time you need. I just need a feedback to keep track of
> all.
> > And "something" is something we can start working with.
>
> ok, I've uploaded that something to SVN. For completeness, I've also
> uploaded
> your initial version.

Excellent.

> I suppose at the moment the focus is on getting the structure into place,
> and
> gathering everything that should go in the paper. Therefore I did not
> comment
> much on minor details/wording, so far.

Exactly. Right now we must focus on structure and content.

> I'm optimistic that I can provide a complete draft of the "Technical
> Design"-
> chapter by next Friday.

Great. Next Friday is fine.

This means for everybody else Section "Technical Design" (previously "Using RKWard") will be worked on by Thomas (target deadline: July, 17). All other Sections are open for changes.

Regarding "Internationalization": You are right that it is not a selling point since plug-ins are not easy to translate without huge efforts. However, I would keep it since this is a design decision which can be discussed. We can back this to "Future Plans". I consider this to be interesting.

I'll cover your comments and other sections (i.e. 5.4 - 5.4.5) in the meanwhile.

> Regards
> Thomas

Regards
Stefan