[rkward-devel] [JSS-Announce] Special issue on GUI's for R

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Jul 15 18:12:58 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Friday 09 July 2010, Stefan Rödiger wrote:
> > I'm optimistic that I can provide a complete draft of the "Technical
> > Design"-
> > chapter by next Friday.
>
> Great. Next Friday is fine.

ok, I've uploaded my version to SVN. I think it could benefit from a bit of
restructuring, so if you have suggestions on that, I'm all ears. Content-wise,
I think I've covered the most interesting aspects, but let me know, if there
is more technical stuff that you'd like me to write about, or if there are
parts that I should elaborate or improve in any other way.

I also did not bother with looking up references, etc., but I've added a note
here and there, where I'm pretty sure that citable publications exist.

Another idea that I got while looking at the "timeline" figure: Perhaps it
would make sense to turn this into a (concise) section of its own. I think
this could also be a place where data like downloads, source lines of code,
etc. could fit neatly, without taking too much room (and it would still serve
to convey a picture of development activity / acceptance).