[rkward-devel] JSS paper, round 2

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Dec 2 12:28:15 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Wednesday 01 December 2010, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> 2010/12/1 meik michalke <Meik.Michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de>:
> > i'll have some time to spend this weekend and could write something (7.1
> > & 7.2). if that's early enough and someone can give me a vague estimate
> > of how elaborate this should be in the end (in lines), i'll do it.

The main idea of this section is to give a sort of hands-on impression of what
a typical RKWard session looks like. This is in contrast to the "Using RKWard"
chapter, which tries to cover most aspects of the GUI, even though many of
those are fairly specialized.

I think this section should be fairly short. Something like 2-4 screenshots
with at most 30-40 lines of text.

> busy schedule on my end as well (trying to finish up soon) .. i'll try
> to devote some time on this weekend as well...
>
> which is the latest version, btw? (sorry haven't been following the
> discussions lately). i can see couple of fils in the
> "commented_version" dir and one in the "master_version".

The latest version in SVN is commented_versions/rkward_jss_thomas.odt . The
"master_version" is outdated.

Keep in mind that we still intend to change the order of the chapters (most
importantly switching "Technical Design" and "Using RKWard", but probably also
re-ordering the sub-chapters of "Using RKWard"). Stefan: Do you have the time
to do that before the weekend?