[rkward-devel] JSS paper, round 2

Stefan Rödiger stefan_roediger at gmx.de
Fri Dec 3 16:10:31 UTC 2010

On Thursday 02 December 2010 13:28:15 Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wednesday 01 December 2010, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> > 2010/12/1 meik michalke <Meik.Michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de>:
> > > i'll have some time to spend this weekend and could write something
> > > (7.1 & 7.2). if that's early enough and someone can give me a vague
> > > estimate of how elaborate this should be in the end (in lines), i'll
> > > do it.
>
> The main idea of this section is to give a sort of hands-on impression of
> what a typical RKWard session looks like. This is in contrast to the
> "Using RKWard" chapter, which tries to cover most aspects of the GUI, even
> though many of those are fairly specialized.
>
> I think this section should be fairly short. Something like 2-4 screenshots
> with at most 30-40 lines of text.
>
> > busy schedule on my end as well (trying to finish up soon) .. i'll try
> > to devote some time on this weekend as well...
> >
> > which is the latest version, btw? (sorry haven't been following the
> > discussions lately). i can see couple of fils in the
> > "commented_version" dir and one in the "master_version".
>
> The latest version in SVN is commented_versions/rkward_jss_thomas.odt . The
> "master_version" is outdated.

I will add the latest version in a couple of seconds.

> Keep in mind that we still intend to change the order of the chapters (most
> importantly switching "Technical Design" and "Using RKWard", but probably
> also re-ordering the sub-chapters of "Using RKWard"). Stefan: Do you have
> the time to do that before the weekend?

@Thomas: I did not yet reorder it. Either you do it or we definitely do it
next week. I'm not on-line over the weekend.
I think we should still focus on content.

For the others: Please put your content where you think it matches best.
The example for "How to code a plugin" we be the T-test therefore not need to
do something there.