[rkward-devel] Atsakymas į:Re: Add Lithuanian translation

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Aug 31 11:20:06 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Wednesday 11 August 2010, Stefan Rödiger wrote:
> Am Samstag 07 August 2010, 17:18:23 schrieben Sie:
> > That is great. But in my translation is 3 messages untranslated: 2
> > related with "serialization format", and 1 with "pager command". Maybe
> > you can explain the meaning of it?
>
> No not really. I translated it literally. Let's wait for the comment of the
> others.

serialization is a computing term. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serialization . Note that this message should
only be displayed in very rare and obscure cases, and mostly in the hope that
any user that sees it will contact us. Even in English the message probably
isn't really intellegible to anybody without reading the code.

"pager command" means the command used to display text (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminal_pager ; options ("pager") in R). By
default this is rkward-internal, but you can set it to another text editor,
e.g. "kwrite", and then e.g. use
  page ("test")
to display something. --- Oops, I see the option is broken, apparently. Will
make a note to take a look.

> > Besides, in .pot is string "Settings->Configure
> > Settings->..." (and not once), but I don't see such "Configure Settings"
> > menu. I translated it same as "Configuse RKWard". You need fix it.

Good catch. Thanks! However, the message is part of the PHP-backend, which has
recently become obsolete, and should never be shown to users in RKWard 0.5.3.
The PHP backend (and the message) will probably be removed shortly after
0.5.4. So I won't touch it, for now.