[rkward-devel] altering rk.graph.on and rk.graph.off

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 01:22:44 UTC 2010

Hi,

I've modified the rk.graph.on () and rk.graph.off () functions
slightly in trunk. Since many might be using these functions (as it is
used in a lot of plugins), here is a little explanation:

As you may know, in R, after dev.off () closes the current device,
dev.next () is set as active. This applies to RKWard as well. But,
when

rk.graph.on (); ....; rk.graph.off (); # dev.off () is called inside
rk.graph.off ()

is executed (in some form or the other), dev.next () is not
necessarily the device that was active before rk.graph.on () was
called. This creates a little confusion (at least to me, see [1]
below) especially when copying a device to output via "Device > Copy
device to output." Hence the fix.

For those following the trunk, let me know if you see any regressions
or non-intuitive behavior. Of course, this only affects rk.graph.on
and rk.graph.off and DOES NOT alter the usual (R's) behavior of
dev.off ().

Regards,
--
Prasenjit

[1]
x11 ()
plot (0,0)
x11 ()
plot (1:10,1:10)
dev.copy (device = rk.graph.on); rk.graph.off ()
dev.off (); # closes the wrong device, w/o the fix.