[rkward-devel] RKWard 0.5.0c-test5

stfs stfs at fs-analyse.dk
Mon Mar 30 21:56:42 UTC 2009

On 2009-03-30 22:46, meik michalke wrote:
> hi finn,
>
> [btw, answering to the list is sufficient.]

Sorry, I usually hit the "reply all" (when list address is cc) and
delete non-list addresses, just didn't think about it for a few posts.
> am Montag, 30. März 2009 (16:55) schrieb stfs:
>
>>> what does the command "which rkward" return?
>>>

>> immediately after the .deb install it returned nothing.
>>

> which is to be expected because of the PATH issue. it should appear after
> doing the export thing. this is normal.
>

>> After source install it returned /usr/local/bin/rkward
>>

> so /usr/local/bin is in your PATH.
>

>> After uninstalling everything rkward and deleting everything with rkward
>> in it I tried but it says
>> 'Dependency is not satisfiable: kdelibs5'
>>

> that's odd -- thomas' package too should have the same dependency. this
> package contains the "core libraries for all KDE 4 applications", so it *has*
> to be installed for any kde 4 app to run, hasn't it? was it perhaps
> uninstalled by accident?

I get the same in ubuntu intrepid 8.10 with the 'sid' .deb package
(0.5.0c release)  Thomas just announced. When I create it locally it
works fine (except for minor issue below).

I also (this is my work machine and must function) have the
source-install which responds to 'which' and is found first in the path.
'whereis rkward' gives me
/usr/bin/rkward
/usr/bin/rkward.bin
/usr/local/bin/rkward
/usr/local/bin/rkward.bin
/usr/share/man/man1/rkward.1.gz

When I start rkward explicitly with '/usr/bin/rkward' it complains about
missing plugins (the 'Plugins are needed' dialog) but it is fully
functional and the pluginmap can be located via the menu.
>> Tried "apt-get install kdelibs5*" but get a host of unmet dependencies
>>

> try "apt-get install kdelibs5" and install everything it depends on. (to
> install a *full* kde 4 desktop try "apt-get install kde4")

It was already done (both regular and devel) - there were no obvious
missing things. I suspect it is something to do with differences between
Debian and ubuntu. That step actually ended in a broken rkward package I
had to remove.
>> rkward will not start from menu or command line
>> (the reason it starts from command line for some is, of course, that
>> they use the same console they used to compile so the path contains
>> "/usr/lib/kde4/bin")
>>
>> Starting it directly with "/usr/lib/kde4/bin/rkward" seems to be
>> working. No complaints and everything seems ok.
>>

> i think we're half way through. it seems as if everything is as it should be,
> looking through ubuntu 8.04 glasses -- except for your menu entry. i can only
> assume that it wasn't patched. (which is the only difference between thomas'
> and my diff)
>
> i've asked a collegue of mine to test the package as well, he's running 8.04,
> too.
>

>> Thanks for all the infomation and know that I, as a user, is deeply
>> greatfull for the work you and the other devs are doing.
>>

> thanks, that's nice :*)
>

> viele grüße :: m.eik

Regards
Finn