[rkward-devel] RKWard 0.5.0c-test5

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Mon Mar 30 20:46:58 UTC 2009

hi finn,

[btw, answering to the list is sufficient.]

am Montag, 30. März 2009 (16:55) schrieb stfs:
> > what does the command "which rkward" return?
> >

> immediately after the .deb install it returned nothing.

which is to be expected because of the PATH issue. it should appear after
doing the export thing. this is normal.

> After source install it returned /usr/local/bin/rkward

so /usr/local/bin is in your PATH.

> After uninstalling everything rkward and deleting everything with rkward
> in it I tried but it says
> 'Dependency is not satisfiable: kdelibs5'

that's odd -- thomas' package too should have the same dependency. this
package contains the "core libraries for all KDE 4 applications", so it *has*
to be installed for any kde 4 app to run, hasn't it? was it perhaps
uninstalled by accident?

> Tried "apt-get install kdelibs5*" but get a host of unmet dependencies

try "apt-get install kdelibs5" and install everything it depends on. (to
install a *full* kde 4 desktop try "apt-get install kde4")

> rkward will not start from menu or command line
> (the reason it starts from command line for some is, of course, that
> they use the same console they used to compile so the path contains
> "/usr/lib/kde4/bin")
>
> Starting it directly with "/usr/lib/kde4/bin/rkward" seems to be
> working. No complaints and everything seems ok.

i think we're half way through. it seems as if everything is as it should be,
looking through ubuntu 8.04 glasses -- except for your menu entry. i can only
assume that it wasn't patched. (which is the only difference between thomas'
and my diff)

i've asked a collegue of mine to test the package as well, he's running 8.04,
too.

> Thanks for all the infomation and know that I, as a user, is deeply
> greatfull for the work you and the other devs are doing.

thanks, that's nice :*)

heinrich-heine-universit"at d"usseldorf