[rkward-devel] RKWard 0.5.0c-test5

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Mar 30 20:19:11 UTC 2009

Hi Meik,

On Monday 30 March 2009, meik michalke wrote:
> yes, i guess that's because the kde4 binaries are not in path by default.
> to compile rkward on ubuntu 8.04 you must
>  export PATH=$PATH:/usr/lib/kde4/bin
> first, then kde4-config will be found and package building should work.

in case you're working to provide ubuntu packages of the final release (I'd
sure appreciate that):

Couldn't you simply add that path adjustment in the rules? Also, is Finn
right, and the RKWard binary gets installed to a location not in the default
search path? Does setting -DBIN_INSTALL_DIR on the cmake command line help?
Else, should the rkward (and rkward.bin) perhaps be linked into /usr/bin/?