[rkward-devel] a patch [was: Getting ready to release RKWard 0.5.0c - Call for testing]

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Thu Mar 26 18:44:51 UTC 2009

hi,

am Donnerstag, 26. März 2009 (14:42) schrieb meik michalke:
> > >   trying to overwrite `/usr/share/kde4/apps/katepart/syntax/r.xml',
> > > which is also in package kdelibs5-data

i figured it out -- this is due to the same path differences for kde4 in
ubuntu 8.04 that messed up my installation:

> i'm having trouble getting it to run. menu entries are missing, and very
> odd, the behaviour is different each time... some times the welcome page is
> shown, sometimes it's missing. sometimes all menu entries are visible, but
> when i open any analysis dialog, an error message informs me that the php
> file can't be found in ~/rkward/(somepath) and rkward crashes.

here's a patch for the debian/rules file that solved it for me -- it checks
for some more paths for kde4. it should solve the kdelibs5-data problem as
well and shouldn't harm anything:
 o http://reaktanz.de/stuff/R/rules.patch

here's the whole rules file:
 o http://reaktanz.de/stuff/R/rules

does this help in 8.10 as well?

[btw, is there a more elegant way of checking for directories and setting a
variable than i've used?]

heinrich-heine-universit"at d"usseldorf