[rkward-devel] Getting ready to release RKWard 0.5.0c - Call for testing

meik michalke Meik.Michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Thu Mar 26 13:42:38 UTC 2009

hi,

On Thursday 26 March 2009 13:20:34 Jannis Vajen wrote:
> >   trying to overwrite `/usr/share/kde4/apps/katepart/syntax/r.xml', which
> > is also in package kdelibs5-data

i wonder if we could just send the maintainer of kdelibs5-data a patch to
solve this issue?

> I encountered the same error using ubuntu 8.10 with KDE 4.1 and KDE
> 4.2.1.

same here, of course (intrepid).

on my kubuntu 8.04 machine rkward compiled and installed as desired (after
"export PATH=$PATH:/usr/lib/kde4/bin"), but i'm having trouble getting it to
run. menu entries are missing, and very odd, the behaviour is different each
time... some times the welcome page is shown, sometimes it's missing.
sometimes all menu entries are visible, but when i open any analysis dialog,
an error message informs me that the php file can't be found in
~/rkward/(somepath) and rkward crashes. i'll try recompiling later, there must
have gone something wrong.

has anyone else tried it on 8.04?

  heinrich-heine-universit"at d"usseldorf