[rkward-devel] a patch [was: Getting ready to release RKWard 0.5.0c - Call for testing]

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Mar 26 21:13:16 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Thursday 26 March 2009, meik michalke wrote:
> i figured it out -- this is due to the same path differences for kde4 in
>
> ubuntu 8.04 that messed up my installation:

ok, thanks a lot. I adjusted the build rules along those lines and rolled
everything up in a -test2 release, now at
http://rkward.sourceforge.net/temp/ . Once again, it would be great, if you
could test on various flavors of Ubuntu, to see if this really fixes all
problems.

I also moved the IRT plugins to their own pluginmap and unhid them. I would
have liked to give them a serious review, first, but also there's no point in
hiding them from the world forever. We should keep in mind to formalize and
improve our review process. Anyway, that's for another day. For now,
everybody please take a look at the IRT plugins (menus "Analysis"
and "Plots"), if you can find the time. If you have objections againts
including them in the official release, please speak up.

> [btw, is there a more elegant way of checking for directories and setting a
> variable than i've used?]

It is always a pain in those makefiles. I simplified the second portion of
your patch a bit, though.