[rkward-devel] RKWard failed to detect, which window was created, and so can not embed it

Rodrigo Freire Oliveira rodrigofreire.oliveira at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 04:04:50 UTC 2008

Hello,

First of all congratulations are in order. I have started using R a couple
of months ago and after I downloaded and installed rKward things have
progressed faster and smoother. Unfortunately, my rKward installation seems
to have a problem when it comes to embedding  the menu in a graphic window
(even though the X11 window is on the same screen of the message!).

If I type:
   x11()
The message shows up.
If I try:
  options("display")
I get
  $display
  NULL
If I type:
 options(display=0.0)
I still get the same.

Using the rKward interface doesn't help much. I am using gentoo (linux
distribution, kernle 2.6.24 SMP), rKward v.0.4.9a (gentoo installation), kde
3.5.9. I believe this information is limited but I don't know what else I
should add. Any idea? If you need any extra information, please contact me.

Best,
Rodrigo