[rkward-devel] RKWard failed to detect, which window was created, and so can not embed it

Stefan Rödiger stefan_roediger at gmx.de
Sun Jun 22 18:39:36 UTC 2008

Am Freitag, 20. Juni 2008 06:04:50 schrieb Rodrigo Freire Oliveira:
> Hello,
>
> First of all congratulations are in order. I have started using R a couple
> of months ago and after I downloaded and installed rKward things have
> progressed faster and smoother. Unfortunately, my rKward installation seems
> to have a problem when it comes to embedding  the menu in a graphic window
> (even though the X11 window is on the same screen of the message!).
>

> If I type:
>    x11()
> The message shows up.
> If I try:
>   options("display")
> I get
>   $display
>   NULL
> If I type:
>  options(display=0.0)
> I still get the same.
>
> Using the rKward interface doesn't help much. I am using gentoo (linux
> distribution, kernle 2.6.24 SMP), rKward v.0.4.9a (gentoo installation),
> kde 3.5.9. I believe this information is limited but I don't know what else
> I should add. Any idea? If you need any extra information, please contact
> me.
>
> Best,
> Rodrigo

Hi Rodrigo,

I think it's related to the latest changes of X11() in R 2.7.X. Though graphs
look now nicer (http://cran.r-project.org/doc/Rnews/Rnews_2008-1.pdf p.51)this
issue raised for RKWard. I think Thomas (Lead developer)
is the only who can comment and fix this issue.
To my knowledge a workaround is to downgrade R to 2.6.X but there is no
garante that this will work. But you can also ignore the warning message.

Kind regards
Stefan