[rkward-devel] RKWard Crosstabulation plugin

I. Soumpasis nono.231 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 17:40:34 UTC 2008

2008/6/15 I. Soumpasis <nono.231 at gmail.com>:

> Hi yayopoint,
>
> The plugin looks nice although it seems to me that it would be better to
> round the numbers not to have so long numbers. However, I have a small
> objection on the number of libraries loaded to produce the three numbers.
> Generally, the main developer is the one who has the last word on things
> like this.

Hi again,

I tried to have a closer look at your work. What you did seem nice, however
I think that they are out of the scope of a crosstabulation plugin. Why
don't you do a separate plugin, calling it contingency tables or something
like this. Also there is a graph option in vcd (cotabplot) if you want to
add.  According to my personal opinion crosstabulation should be something
really simple giving very fast some information on the data. Contingency
tables are a step further. Moreover, this brought into my mind the Odds
Ratios and attributable risks etc used in epidemiology. Are you working on
the field and thinking of related plugins? I would be positive to make some
plugins on epidemiology (pls mind the limited time).

Regards,
Ilias