[rkward-devel] KDE 4 status update

I. Soumpasis nono.231 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 21:31:59 UTC 2007

2007/10/30, Thomas Friedrichsmeier <
thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de>:

> Hi,
>
> On Tuesday 30 October 2007, I. Soumpasis wrote:

> ok, I changed the run selection shortcut to F8 (which is what it was
> supposed
> to be) and it works, now. However, F9 seems to be already occupied
> by "Show/Hide Folding Markers" in kate in KDE4. Any suggestions on how to
> deal with this? Do we need to find a new shortcut?

Is it possible to change the kate configuration in rkward? Does F6 and F7
are occupied? My opinion is that these 3 buttons should have 3 Fkeys in a
row. Eg one line F6, selection F7, script F8. Something like this.

> > > 2. I cannot close the tabs from the close button (which is a
>
> Yes, the close buttons are not yet working (likely an issue in kdelibs,
> though). Several icons have changed their names, and show up as
> questionmarks, at the moment.

Yeap I ithought so about the questionmarkes.

> One third thing is that this autocopmletion window in dataeditor is
> > flashing destructing the user and not letting him to write because the
> > first thing you write is not printed (it is like you hit a key for this
> > window).
>
> Do you mean the keys you type do not get inserted into the document? That
> should not happen, but can't reproduce. Another thing is how soon the code
> completion window pops up. You can configure this on the "Script editor"
> page
> of the settings dialog. I changed the default timeout from 200 to 500
> msecs,
> now (but you'll have to do so manually, as the old value is already stored
> in
> your config). Does it work better this way?

Probably did not use the right word. I think blinking is better. The window
pops up every few milliseconds. So when I hit a key it actually seems to be
used grabbed by the pop window. the second key I hit is witing in the
script. Anyway. I will make this change and see what happens.

Regards,
Ilias