[rkward-devel] KDE 4 status update

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Oct 30 16:16:11 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Tuesday 30 October 2007, I. Soumpasis wrote:
> 2007/10/30, I. Soumpasis <nono.231 at gmail.com>:
> > 2007/10/30, I. Soumpasis <nono.231 at gmail.com>:
> > > Hi all!
> > >
> > > 2 more problems I found:
> > >
> > > 1. The shortcuts for run selection, run all do not work. Moreover in
> > > both it says F9.

ok, I changed the run selection shortcut to F8 (which is what it was supposed
to be) and it works, now. However, F9 seems to be already occupied
by "Show/Hide Folding Markers" in kate in KDE4. Any suggestions on how to
deal with this? Do we need to find a new shortcut?

> > > 2. I cannot close the tabs from the close button (which is a
> > > questionnaire)

Yes, the close buttons are not yet working (likely an issue in kdelibs,
though). Several icons have changed their names, and show up as
questionmarks, at the moment.

> One third thing is that this autocopmletion window in dataeditor is
> flashing destructing the user and not letting him to write because the
> first thing you write is not printed (it is like you hit a key for this
> window).

Do you mean the keys you type do not get inserted into the document? That
should not happen, but can't reproduce. Another thing is how soon the code
completion window pops up. You can configure this on the "Script editor" page
of the settings dialog. I changed the default timeout from 200 to 500 msecs,
now (but you'll have to do so manually, as the old value is already stored in
your config). Does it work better this way?