[rkward-devel] KDE4 porting status

I. Soumpasis nono.231 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 19:23:16 UTC 2007

2007/10/22, Thomas Friedrichsmeier <
thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de>:

> Hi,
>
> On Monday 22 October 2007, I. Soumpasis wrote:
> > 2007/10/22, I. Soumpasis <nono.231 at gmail.com>:
>
> > > Alright. Cmake worked. Make worked. Make install did not. Could not
> find
> > > a dir, but it seems that it is not needed because I run rkward
> locally.
> > > Am I wrong?
>
> not quite. Some files are expected to be installed to the KDE standard
> dirs,
> and this should be the KDE4 standard dirs in this case. So a successful
> make
> install is needed (at least once, I'm not currently making any changes to
> the
> installed data files, but when I do, you will have to do make install,
> again).
>
> I'm not sure, whether this might be what's causing rkward to crash so
> early on
> your and Prasenjit's systems, but it's certainly something that may cause
> trouble.
>
> > CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
> > /home/user/Projects/rkward_kde4/build/rkward/cmake_install.cmake:35:
> > FILE cannot create directory: /share/apps/rkward. Maybe need
> administrative
> > privileges.
>
> Hm. I'm not sure, where exactly the files should be installed in the
> Kubuntu
> KDE4 setup, but /share/apps/ definitely sounds wrong. Do you have
> the "KDEDIR" environment variable set (to a sensible place)?
> # echo $KDEDIR
>
> If so, could you redo the cmake step with
> # cmake /path -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$KDEDIR
>
> If it is not set, perhaps try
> # cmake /path -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/lib/kde4

According to kubuntu instructions we were expoting to $KDEDIRS. That final S
made the diffference. Now I installed almost properly.

I had a warning that i am using libfortran.so.1 while i should use to
libfortran.so.2.

the last words of rkward n conole befre crashing fwriting somethng in R
console are
rkward(25182)/kparts KParts::MainWindow::createGUI: MainWindow::createGUI,
part= KParts::Part(0x9023818)   KParts::Part   ""
rkward(25182)/kparts KParts::MainWindow::createGUI: deactivating GUI for
RControlWindowPart(0x83647c0)   RControlWindowPart   ""
ASSERT: "!isEmpty()" in file /usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qlist.h, line 246
KCrash: crashing... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = rkward path = <unknown> pid = 25182
kdeinit4: Got EXEC_NEW 'drkonqi' from socket.
kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib/kde4/bin/drkonqi
kdeinit4: PID 25229 terminated.

I hope it will help.

Kind Regards
Ilias

(you might want to look there, whether there is a share/apps subdirectory