[rkward-devel] Bug Report: RKWard freezes when trying to add nothing into a varslot

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 07:07:01 UTC 2007

Hi,

On 10/3/07, Germán Márquez Mejía <manchito at gmail.com> wrote:
> If only I had found this before the release, but, well...
>
> *Almost* every time I press the add button of a single varslot without
> having selected any object to add, the program freezes and I have to
> kill it.

Yes, I can confirm this. But it is again a non-deterministic bug! I
did see this  happening with a few plugins (Dot Chart and ECDF plot)
when GlobalEnv is empty and pressing the "Add" (>) symbol a few times
freezes rkward.

> This doesn't happen in "multi" varslots. Debug info in levels

Actually I did see it happen in "multi" varslots too: in Generic
Plots, with the "Y Variable" varslot, Stripchart with the "Group"
varslot...

> 2, 3 and 4 is basicaly the same, so here is the output with level 5 from
> the moment I click and forward:

> I'm working with RKWard 0.4.8 and R 2.5.1 in KDE 3.5.7, QT 3.3.8

Here: RkWard 0.4.8 and R 2.6.0, KDE 3.5.7, libqt3-mt 3:3.3.7-9, Debian/Sid

> Just ask if you need any other info.

Nice find on the bug, I guess, no one bothered to test without
selecting a variable to add. Btw, it does not matter if .GlobalEnv is
empty or not. I have tried this when the workspace has a lot of
variables.

Regards
PK