[rkward-devel] Bug Report: RKWard freezes when trying to add nothing into a varslot

Germán Márquez Mejía manchito at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 00:40:46 UTC 2007

Hi all:

If only I had found this before the release, but, well...

*Almost* every time I press the add button of a single varslot without
having selected any object to add, the program freezes and I have to
kill it. This doesn't happen in "multi" varslots. Debug info in levels
2, 3 and 4 is basicaly the same, so here is the output with level 5 from
the moment I click and forward:

    Trace: rkvarslot.cpp - function selectPressed line 170
    Trace: rkcomponentproperties.cpp - function value line 782
    Trace: rkcomponentproperties.cpp - function value line 782
    select press in varslot: mode 1, source (null), selected (null)
    Trace: rkcomponentproperties.cpp - function objectValue line 770
    Trace: rkcomponentproperties.cpp - function objectValue line 770
    Trace: rkcomponentproperties.cpp - function setObjectValue line 690
    Trace: rkcomponentproperties.cpp - function addObjectValue line 642
    Trace: rkcomponentproperties.cpp - function isObjectValid line 731
    Trace: rembedinternal.cpp - function RWriteConsoleEx line 208
    Trace: rthread.cpp - function handleOutput line 258
    Trace: rembedinternal.cpp - function RWriteConsoleEx line 208
    Trace: rthread.cpp - function handleOutput line 258
    Trace: rembedinternal.cpp - function RWriteConsoleEx line 208
    Trace: rthread.cpp - function handleOutput line 258
    Trace: rembedinternal.cpp - function RReadConsole line 161
    Trace: rthread.cpp - function handleStandardCallback line 426
    Trace: rthread.cpp - function flushOutput line 293
    output without receiver'
     *** caught segfault ***
    address 0xfff6f915, cause 'memory not mapped'

    Possible actions:
    1: abort (with core dump, if enabled)
    2: normal R exit
    3: exit R without saving workspace
    4: exit R saving workspace
    '

The memory address is always the same.

Note that sometimes (typically when I've just launched the program)
there's no such an error and, in that case, the output is the following
(no crash):

	Trace: rkvarslot.cpp - function selectPressed line 170
	Trace: rkcomponentproperties.cpp - function value line 782
	Trace: rkcomponentproperties.cpp - function value line 782
	select press in varslot: mode 1, source (null), selected (null)
	Trace: rkcomponentproperties.cpp - function objectValue line 770

	[...]

I'm working with RKWard 0.4.8 and R 2.5.1 in KDE 3.5.7, QT 3.3.8

Just ask if you need any other info.

Regards,

--
Germán