[rkward-devel] compiling issues (0.4.8a) on gutsy

I. Soumpasis nono.231 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 17:19:36 UTC 2007

2007/11/14, Thomas Friedrichsmeier <
thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de>:

> Hi,
>

> Does anybody else use a fresh gutsy installation? If so, could you check
> a) the default version of gcc:
> # gcc --version

 gcc (GCC) 4.1.3 20070929 (prerelease) (Ubuntu 4.1.2-16ubuntu2)

b) the version R was built with
> # ldd /usr/lib/R/lib/libR.so | grep "fortran"

I have a custom installation of R.
libgfortran.so.2 => /usr/lib/libgfortran.so.2 (0xb7c54000)

c) the version R thinks should be used for compilation:
> # R CMD config CC
> and post the output?

gcc -std=gnu99

> a second symlink was missing and resulted in a "ld: cannot find
> -lgfortran"
> > error. to fix that, a
> >   ln -s /usr/lib/lgfortran.so.2.0.0 /usr/lib/lgfortran.so
> > would suffice.
>
> Same issue, actually, since the 4.1 version of gfortran was used, while
> the
> 4.2 version should have been used.

I had this problem. I installed some more fortran packages and the problem
was solved. Also libR.so did not have libgfortran.so.2. Now I recompiled and
there is the fortran library.

Regards,
Ilias