[rkward-devel] compiling issues (0.4.8a) on gutsy

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Wed Nov 14 13:54:25 UTC 2007

Am Mittwoch 14 November 2007 14:04:04 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> On Wednesday 14 November 2007, meik michalke wrote:
> > the system was upgraded from feisty, on a fresh gutsy installation some
> > of these problems might not occur. take for instance the symlink
> > /usr/bin/gcc, which on my system pointed to gcc-4.1, though 4.2 was
> > installed.
>
> hm, so apparently R was built with gcc-4.2, but reports gcc as the
> compiler. This seems to be a bug in r-base, then, which will likely also
> affect source package installation. Which version of r-base-dev/r-base-core
> do you have installed?

i use the gutsy packages from the cran mirror (2.6.0-3gutsy0), since they're
more up-to-date.

> Perhaps you need to forcibly re-install r-base-core/r-base-dev?

i changed the symlink from 4.1 to 4.2...

> > a second symlink was missing and resulted in a "ld: cannot find
> > -lgfortran" error. to fix that, a
> >   ln -s /usr/lib/lgfortran.so.2.0.0 /usr/lib/lgfortran.so
> > would suffice.
>
> Same issue, actually, since the 4.1 version of gfortran was used, while the
> 4.2 version should have been used.

hm... just to add this: this time, a symlink didn't exist, so my guess is that
even /usr/lib/lgfortran.so.1.0.0 was not found/used.

viele gruesse :: m.eik

  heinrich-heine-universit"at d"usseldorf