[rkward-devel] KDE 4 status update

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 04:00:23 UTC 2007

Hi,

On 10/31/07, Thomas Friedrichsmeier
[...]

> > Probably did not use the right word. I think blinking is better. The window
> > pops up every few milliseconds. So when I hit a key it actually seems to be
> > used grabbed by the pop window. the second key I hit is witing in the
> > script. Anyway. I will make this change and see what happens.
>
> Hm, even if I set the timeout to 0, here, the popup window becomes fairly
> annoying, but does not eat any key-presses. Perhaps it's an issue in kdelibs?
> Can you reproduce this, Prasenjit?

Nope! I don't get have issues with key press and code completion
popup. This is what I get: Suppose I am writing the statement:
x <- read.csv(file=...... in  a script editor:

x <- re

at this point i see a pop up listing the possible completions starting
with "re". I continue to type..

x <- read.

at this point i expect to see all the "read.*" completions, but none
come up. (only when pop up time out is set < 20 millisec; this doesn't
happen at higher timeout values...) I think the "." is somehow messing
the search. When I type the next letter:

x <- read.c

I see two options, "read.csv  f(x)" and "read.csv2 f(x)", I use the
down arrow key to select read.csv2 and hit enter. This is what i get:

x <- utils::"read.csv2"

Royally screwed! BTW, I might have done some changes on the Setup
window of the completion pop up, which I do not recall. Can't this
Setup be combined with the global "Configure RKward" window as
separate page?

> Also, what do you mean by "the window pops up every few milliseconds"? Does it
> disappear in between? Here, the popup does show some flickering as the list
> of completions changes, but it only disappears when there are no more
> completions (or you press Esc).

The completion pop up doesn't show up unnecessarily for me - so that
is good; and no "eating" the first key either - whatever i type is
shown in the script editor..

Regards,
PK