[RkWard-devel] Mailing list(s)

Stefan Roediger stefan_roediger at gmx.de
Thu Mar 29 15:02:39 UTC 2007

Am Mittwoch, 28. März 2007 18:46 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been thinking about our current mailing lists a bit, and I'd like to
> propose these changes:
>
> 1) Add a list "rkward-users". This list is for discussion among users,
> help, feedback. The main point is to create a list with a less "scary" name
> than rkward-devel, to signal it's really ok to post usage issues to the
> list.
>
> This list will also receive calls for testing and release announcements,
> but not all the other development noise. Active developers should generally
> be subscribed to rkward-devel *and* rkward-users.
>
> 2) Allow posting to rkward-devel for subscribers, only. Relevant posts from
> non-subscribers will be approved liberally. This is just to limit the
> number of spam messages coming through (and yes, the same hole would be
> opened again in rkward-users, but at least those subscribed to both lists,
> will not receive twice the amount of spam).
>
> Of course this means, there will have to be manual moderation. It would be
> much appreciated, if one or two people could volunteer to do some
> moderation (i.e. sort out the spams, approve mostly everything else).
>
> Comments?
>
> Regards
> Thomas

Having such a list would certainly be nice though spam wasn't bothering me to
much. But I don't think that I have the time for frequent moderation but on a
rare random base in future (therefore not a real Yes and not a real No for
moderation).
Do you really think there are so many users which would need such a list
(besides the spam)? I'm not entirely sure if work should be put into this.

Regards
Stefan