[RkWard-devel] Mailing list(s)

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 14:40:32 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Wednesday 28 March 2007 12:46:27 pm Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:
> 1) Add a list "rkward-users". This list is for discussion among users,
> help, feedback. The main point is to create a list with a less "scary" name
> than rkward-devel, to signal it's really ok to post usage issues to the
> list.
>
> This list will also receive calls for testing and release announcements,
> but not all the other development noise. Active developers should generally
> be subscribed to rkward-devel *and* rkward-users.

That sounds good. Hopefully it will provide a better platform for general
interaction within the users and development specific talks can be avoided
there.

> 2) Allow posting to rkward-devel for subscribers, only. Relevant posts from
> non-subscribers will be approved liberally. This is just to limit the
> number of spam messages coming through (and yes, the same hole would be
> opened again in rkward-users, but at least those subscribed to both lists,
> will not receive twice the amount of spam).
>
> Of course this means, there will have to be manual moderation. It would be
> much appreciated, if one or two people could volunteer to do some
> moderation (i.e. sort out the spams, approve mostly everything else).
>
> Comments?

I can help out unless it is demands too much time. So, as soon as a mail comes
in the moderator(s) check whether it is spam/ham then disapproves/approves
it? Will it for both the lists (-users, -devel) or only the -users list?

Regards
PK