[RkWard-devel] Mailing list(s)

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Mar 28 16:46:27 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I've been thinking about our current mailing lists a bit, and I'd like to
propose these changes:

1) Add a list "rkward-users". This list is for discussion among users, help,
feedback. The main point is to create a list with a less "scary" name than
rkward-devel, to signal it's really ok to post usage issues to the list.

This list will also receive calls for testing and release announcements, but
not all the other development noise. Active developers should generally be
subscribed to rkward-devel *and* rkward-users.

2) Allow posting to rkward-devel for subscribers, only. Relevant posts from
non-subscribers will be approved liberally. This is just to limit the number
of spam messages coming through (and yes, the same hole would be opened again
in rkward-users, but at least those subscribed to both lists, will not
receive twice the amount of spam).

Of course this means, there will have to be manual moderation. It would be
much appreciated, if one or two people could volunteer to do some moderation
(i.e. sort out the spams, approve mostly everything else).

Comments?