[RkWard-devel] Plotting options

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Mar 1 20:14:46 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 28 February 2007 21:03, I. Soumpasis wrote:
> I am reluctant to do this myself because after the two posts I made to the
> R-help list I feel like the black ship. In the second post about pdf -
> postscript diffs I got no answer. So please could somebody else ask?

Well, I'm trying to delegate as many tasks as possible. Since you came up with
the basic idea, I tought you might be willing to do this. I have now written
a mail on this to r-help (but the archives don't seem to get updated, ATM).

Note that it's not too uncommon to make a fool of oneself on the R mailing
lists (and I've done so repeatedly), and some people will surely let you know
in pointed words. However, if you get no reply at all, that usually means one
of
a) nobody noted
b) nobody cared
c) nobody knew the answer
So the next step would be to write to r-devel, pointing out that you tried on
r-help before. When doing so, make sure to avoid posting in HTML mode.
Perhaps also reproduce the problem with LC_ALL=C R and 2.4.1, and post that
sessionInfo () instead, then point out, 2.5.0 is also affected. Maybe add a
line like "Is this a bug, or am I overlooking something?".

I know it's tedious, and can be frustrating at times, but then that's just one
more reason, why I'd like to delegate tasks like this, where reasonably
possible.