[rkward-devel] Installation problem using Ubuntu and some suggestions

Matthieu Stigler stigler3 at etu.unige.ch
Mon Jul 2 11:35:24 UTC 2007

Hello

I want first to thank you very much for you work! I used much SPlus on
Windows and now with Ubuntu is R interesting but too complicate to use
without graphical interface... So your program RKward is really
interesting and useful! Thanks a lot and please continue it!

_*Bug*_
I had problem for the installation of RKward on Ubuntu. Maybe is it
because you made it for KDE?
-using the synaptic package manager to download the 0.4.2-2 version, I have:
mat at openedwin:~$ rkward &
[1] 11890
mat at openedwin:~$ X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input
device 169
  Major opcode:  145
  Minor opcode:  3
  Resource id:  0x0
Failed to open device
X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 169
  Major opcode:  145
  Minor opcode:  3
  Resource id:  0x0
Failed to open device
Debug-flags as decimal: 8191
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::insertKAccel( kaccel = 0x81dcc48 ):
KAccel object already contains an action name "window_close"

R version 2.4.1 (2006-12-18)
Copyright (C) 2006 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0

R est un logiciel libre livré sans AUCUNE GARANTIE.
Vous pouvez le redistribuer sous certaines conditions.
Tapez 'license()' ou 'licence()' pour plus de détails.
But I can run Rkward and use it!

-trying to download the 0.4.7 version direct from the site, I have the
following message (see attached document):
"Error: dependency is not satisfiable: r-base-core"
An so I was unable to obtain the latest version :-(
_*
Suggestion*_
-This is not really a bug, but either a suggestion:
I was unable to copy the "command lines" from the command log window,
the "edit" menu is unavailable for the command log windows, while it is
available for the others. This seems to me to be important, so you can
copy the command lines obtained from the plug-ins into a script.

-Could you integer the xlsReadWrite package? This is unfortunately only
available for Windows but is a very useful function!

Thanks a lot!

Matthieu