[rkward-devel] Installation problem using Ubuntu and some suggestions

I. Soumpasis nono.231 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 16:07:19 UTC 2007

2007/7/2, Matthieu Stigler <stigler3 at etu.unige.ch>:

> "Error: dependency is not satisfiable: r-base-core"
> An so I was unable to obtain the latest version :-(

The problem seems to be the old r-distro. You could add a repository
from cran to obtain the latest version of R. See
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/README You should replace
the 'my.favorite.cran.mirror' part with 'cran.r-project.org' and
choose the distro. After updating R you should be able to install the
the latest version of RKWard (it really has many enhancements).

Please post back if you face any problem.

Kind regards,
Ilias

PS. You did not mention your version of ubuntu. If you have dapper
(6.06) you will maybe face KDE dependency problems, but from the
message the problem is with R.