[RkWard-devel] Translations

I. Soumpasis nono.231 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 21:15:13 UTC 2007

Hi,

Today I spoke with the ubuntu-gr team to ask them about the translation of
RKWard and how is to be handled, because feisty already has the 0.4.2 v
which has the greek translation. They told me that they use rosseta and they
checked for me if there is something there and there is not. So, if I got it
right people, who use the package from their distro can not have a
translated version. They also told me that all distros take the translation
from rosseta.

So they asked if we want to use rosseta for translations. The good point is
that more people could help in translations and that more people will learn
about rkward. One bad point I found trying to learn the system is that there
were only .pot files (in new gnome) and when I asked where is the el.po file
so to make the corrections and additions they told me that there is nothing
like this, meaning I have to write everything again. (However I do not know
how the system works and really do not know the pros and cons).

They also point me to this page
https://help.launchpad.net/RosettaNewImportPolicy if that helps in some way.

I just give the idea and do not know if it is previously discussed or how
good or bad it is.

Regards,
Ilias