[RkWard-devel] histogram_options as an embed-able plugin..

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 17:50:39 UTC 2007

On Monday 26 February 2007 10:43:45 am Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:
> I've done some changes to the plugin (and update the binomial CLT plugin
> accordingly). Hope I didn't cause conflicts with your ongoing work:

Oh no not at all.

> 1) Hide any disallowed options, instead of just disabling them. A disabled
> option is like saying "using the current settings, this is not possible,
> but if you change some other settings, this option will become available".
> A hidden option will not make anybody wonder what to do to enable it.

I was aware of this concern. But making them invisible was realigning the GUI
elements in way that was not looking nice (at least I thought so).

> 3) Instead of splitting the different options with a string, I rather
> placed them into different sections (preprocess(), calculate(), and
> printout()). I think this is somewhat cleaner, and isn't too much misuse of
> these categories. Another possibility might be to put all options in a PHP
> array, which can then be serialize()d and unserialize()d in the embedding
> plugin. I'm not quite sure, which approach to favor in the long run
> (opinions?), but for now, I think this is good enough.

Yes, the string splitting was a quick work. This is much better.

> I'll look into converting the Histogram plugin, soon.

I saw the updates to svn. A few things:

1. The file field for the histogram and histogram_options components in
under_development file shuold be prepended by "plots/".

2. In histogram.xml, <connect client="histogram_opt.varname" governor="x"/>
does not seem to work.

Thanks for improving the splitting part.

Regards
PK