[RkWard-devel] histogram_options as an embed-able plugin..

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Feb 26 15:43:45 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Saturday 24 February 2007 08:49, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> This plugin can be embedded for providing histogram options. I have tried
> to write up an extensive help along with it.

I've done some changes to the plugin (and update the binomial CLT plugin
accordingly). Hope I didn't cause conflicts with your ongoing work:

1) Hide any disallowed options, instead of just disabling them. A disabled
option is like saying "using the current settings, this is not possible, but
if you change some other settings, this option will become available". A
hidden option will not make anybody wonder what to do to enable it.

2) Also generate options for an rk.header() call (I plan to use this in the
Histogram plugin).

3) Instead of splitting the different options with a string, I rather placed
them into different sections (preprocess(), calculate(), and printout()). I
think this is somewhat cleaner, and isn't too much misuse of these
categories. Another possibility might be to put all options in a PHP array,
which can then be serialize()d and unserialize()d in the embedding plugin.
I'm not quite sure, which approach to favor in the long run (opinions?), but
for now, I think this is good enough.

I'll look into converting the Histogram plugin, soon.