[RkWard-devel] Pareto chart and Quality qontrol charts

I. Soumpasis nono.231 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 21:10:09 UTC 2007

2007/2/22, Thomas Friedrichsmeier <thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
>:
>
> On Thursday 22 February 2007 18:01, I. Soumpasis wrote:
> > I made a new plugin the pareto chart. I put it in under development and
> > plots. Did not change the Makefile file.
> >
> > The plugin plots a Pareto chart (with qcc package's pareto.chart) and
> > prints also Frequency, Cum.Frequency, Percentage and Cum.Percentageunder
> > the plot. It is a really simple plugin so I hope there would be no
> > problems, but please take a look.
> >
> > I had to put main="" because we had the title Pareto chart for rk.temp.x
> .
> > I had to put rk.print in if(final) otherwise it would print the table
> with
> > every preview.
> > Also used xtable, because it gives in a better format the results.
>
> Can't see any bugs. But a few hints/suggestions:
> 1) Printing the descriptives should be optional altogether. I.e., there'd
> be
> an option for that. The code would then look something like (this isn't
> actual code, just a sketch):
>
> rk.temp.descriptives <- pareto.chart(...)
> <? if ($final && $print_descriptives) { ?>
> rk.print (xtable (rk.temp.descriptives))
> <? } ?>

I have done this. The default value is to print the descriptives because
that is the pareto.chart default result and also it good for someone to see
the values because they are not displayed at the plot.

2) You don't really need the
> $vars = str_replace (...);
> line. Since there is only a single variable,
> $var = getRK_val ("x");
> is all you need. The elaborate form is only needed when several variables
> could be selected at once (this applies to barplot.php as well, I just
> hadn't
> noted, before).

Yes that remain from the plot I hacked. Also changed it to the barplot
plugin.

3) It would be nice to supply some options from the plot_options plugin (do
> you know, how to do that? Maybe look at e.g. stripchart_plot for one
> example). You'd probably set allow_type and allow_xlim to false, but all
> other options apply, as far as I can see.

 I have done this, however there are not many options.

3b) For the problem with main, I've added some more defaults to
> plot_options,
> so you could do:
> <connect client="plotoptions.default_main" governor="x" />
> (untested, but should make the main title (if not specified otherwise) be
> the
> variable name)

I can not make this work. I still get "Pareto chart for rk.temp.x." Can you
take a look at this please?

Regards,
Ilias