[RkWard-devel] Pareto chart and Quality qontrol charts

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Feb 22 21:43:37 UTC 2007

On Thursday 22 February 2007 22:10, I. Soumpasis wrote:
> I can not make this work. I still get "Pareto chart for rk.temp.x." Can you
> take a look at this please?

Ok, sorry, governor needs to be "x.available". I've changed that. While I was
at it, I couldn't stop myself from doing a few additional changes (sorry,
usually, I try to refrain from messing with other's work in progress):

- Allow specification of ylim. While probably not terribly useful, this works,
and so why shouldn't the user be allowed to set it.
- Require xtable only when the descriptives are to be printed
- Some whitespace changes
- I changed it to make producing the plot, and the table two lines. I think
it's more readable that way.
- Also, a minor issue with the current approach was (only if *not* printing
the descriptives), that a call to parto.chart would usually return the value
visibly, i.e. it would be expected to be printed automatically (as you would
get on the console). While in plugins autoprinting is suppressed, but that's
a design decision that may not hold for ever (though I don't intend to change
it anytime soon). So to really make sure the value does not get auto-printed,
one simple way is to assign it to a variable. That's what I've done.

An additional change worth considering:
It's a question of taste, but I think it might be worth trying to embed the
plot-options as a button, instead (as done in the distribution plugins, for
example). Then the second tab could be removed entirely (and in fact, in this
case, the first tab could be removed as well, simply placing everything
inside the <dialog>, directly. What do you think?