[RkWard-devel] Spelling Corrections for Developers

SJR stefan_roediger at gmx.de
Wed Feb 7 09:23:30 UTC 2007

Am Mittwoch, 7. Februar 2007 02:04 schrieb Joe Kirchner:
> Hi,
>
> I am brand new to RKWard and am excited about using it and seeing it
> develop.

Hey Joe! Welcome to RKWard.

> I hope to give feedback to assist in its development.

Very much appreciated.

> I just
> installed and opened it up and voila, I have some feedback on spelling.  I
> have included these edits using the track changes feature in OpenOffice.  I
> have also translated the edits to MSWord.

Thanks, that's great! You can also mail us the changed file directly with the
changes (may it be *.rhk, *.PHP, *.XML). We can also track the changes by
using tools like diff (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diff), which should come
along with all Linux distributions. I thinks this is easier for you too.
There are also GUIs to diff. An example might be Kompare
(http://www.caffeinated.me.uk/kompare/). Basically we can do than the same
operations (compare, edit, merge, ...) as in OOo without getting into
formating trouble (sometimes OOo and MS Word do odd things ;) ).

> I suspect most subscribers prefer not to see such mundane feedback
> comments.  Is there a way to email such suggestions directly to the
> developer?

Since this is the developer-list you have chosen a rather good place to commit
your changes. :) At first everybody can have a look at the changes and
comment it if needed. Moreover either Thomas (lead developper), me
(contributor) or anybody else on this list with svn access can independently
do than changes accordingly.

Once again, thanks for your help!

> Joe

Kind regards