[RkWard-devel] including R expression...

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 21:01:31 UTC 2007

> There are actually three different things, a user could want to
> 1) uust enter some literal string (like currently, when the box is unchecked)
> 2) directly input an R statement (which could also be "expression (x*y)")
> 3) Enter only the "x*y" part of 2), and still have it interpreted as an
> expression.
>
> I think, we should definitely keep 1. What'd we'd need to decide is, whether
> in addition to that, we want to have 2, or 3, or both (and if we want to keep
> 2, we'd rename it to something less confusing).

Well I gave it a thought and I agree to keeping 1 and 2. 2 provides
flexibility of using 1,2,3 all simultaneously, whereas 3 does not! But
the point is this: I did not understand the meaning of that checkbox
untill I opened up the plot_options.php file. I guess we will need a
better phrasing to emphasize the quoted and unquoted distinction that
the checkbox is providing. I don't have a good solution, but how about
this:
 interpret as an unquoted statement (not as a quoted string).

Regards
PK