[RkWard-devel] Wikipedia greek

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Feb 1 12:10:20 UTC 2007

> I did something a little bit different, however the dim() was what needed I
> think. Here is the code
> col=rainbow( if(is.matrix(rk.temp.x)) dim(rk.temp.x) else rk.temp.x)

I think it should rather be

col=rainbow( if(is.matrix(rk.temp.x)) dim(rk.temp.x) else 1)

(either that or with length)

col=rainbow( if(is.matrix(rk.temp.x)) dim(rk.temp.x) else length (rk.temp.x))

See, e.g.:
x <- c (3:10)

In this case your approach would generate three different colors, since
x[1] == 3

There should either be only one color in this case, or eight. Personally, I
think eight would be nicer (as the legend is pretty meaningless, if there is
only one color, e.g. "x <- c (a=3, b=4, c=5, d=6)"). On the other hand, that
would be more consistent with the default gray coloring.

Wichever you like best, but currently it's still rather erratic.