[RkWard-devel] [Updated] Distribution plots.

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Feb 1 12:00:53 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 31 January 2007 21:25, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> [1] For discrete distributions with bounded support (like binomial,
> wilcoxon) or the case where the support is depended (bounded one way or the
> other) on the parameter specification (like hypergeometric, negative
> binomial), I was planning to remove the "Lower/Upper quantile
> specification" and calculate them based on the parameter specification (as
> is actually done for the wilcoxon). But I was not completely sure of this
> approach. I was hoping some suggestions from the community.

I suppose the range option would be truely obsolete, if we could get xlim to
work (as this is essentially, what it does). For now, I suggest to leave it
as is, but I have no strong opinion on this.

> [2] For discrete distributions which plot type is better? type = "h" or
> type = "p".

Slightly in favor of "p".

> [3] Should "Beta distribution" or just "Beta" be used in the menu entries?
> (I am just repeating this from my last email)

Repeat: indifferent. If there are no further comments on this by tomorrow, I
suggest using the short entries.