[RkWard-devel] Wikipedia greek

I. Soumpasis nono.231 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 13:03:24 UTC 2007

2007/2/1, Thomas Friedrichsmeier <thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
>:
>
> On Wednesday 31 January 2007 20:18, you wrote:
> > I did something a little bit different, however the dim() was what
> needed I
> > think. Here is the code
> > col=rainbow( if(is.matrix(rk.temp.x)) dim(rk.temp.x) else rk.temp.x)
>
> I think it should rather be
>
> col=rainbow( if(is.matrix(rk.temp.x)) dim(rk.temp.x) else 1)
>
> (either that or with length)
>
> col=rainbow( if(is.matrix(rk.temp.x)) dim(rk.temp.x) else length (
> rk.temp.x))
>
> See, e.g.:
> x <- c (3:10)
>
> In this case your approach would generate three different colors, since
> x[1] == 3
>
> There should either be only one color in this case, or eight. Personally,
> think eight would be nicer (as the legend is pretty meaningless, if there
> is
> only one color, e.g. "x <- c (a=3, b=4, c=5, d=6)"). On the other hand,
> that
> would be more consistent with the default gray coloring.

Thanks. Yes you 're totally right. I am totally in between the two
solutions. I like the consistency with gray barplot using the 1 option,
specially when using preview. However, using length it is really impressive.
So for the time I agree with your opinion of length(). This is what i
commit. If there is another opinion, please say.

Regards,
Ilias

Wichever you like best, but currently it's still rather erratic.