[rkward-devel] seg fault errors... (some diagnosis)

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Apr 23 19:57:49 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Friday 20 April 2007, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> In a nutshell, the error is: When "R Console" (or "Command Log") is
> detached from the main RKWard window the focus doesnot change from the main
> window to the detached windows properly.

ok, I think I have a solution, now (in SVN). Discarding KMDI ist not yet
possible with a reasonable effort, we'll have to wait until KDE4 for this.
Instead, we just do the detaching manually, now. As a consequence, the old
arrow button on the tool windows is gone. Rather they can now be detached
using Window->Detach. There was no way to keep the arrow button, and still
fix the problem.

As another side-effect (this one could be undone, if annoying), tool windows
can now also be closed using Window->Close. I.e. in general, they behave more
like regular windows.

Let me know about any quirks or usage issues you find.