[rkward-devel] New plugin and functions

I. Soumpasis nono.231 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 05:46:53 UTC 2007

2007/4/15, Prasenjit Kapat <kapatp at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I haven't looked at the plugins but I looked at the pdf file; it is surely
> promising. Just a quick comment: since you are using lm, may be it is
> worth
> writing a full blown plugin for lm itself with the plotting options may
> be.
> Is that what you have already done (may be I didn't catch you correctly)?

The lm plugin it is something I have in mind. However I believe that it has
to be done with a text frame where the user could write a formula if he
wants to amd for the moment and I do not know how to implement it. (I have a
very time consuming day job these days). However none of the results is
generated with plugins, for the moments there are functions.

At the same time, I am just thinking out loud: Is there any copyright issues
> of making a plot "look" like that of Minitab? I wouldn't think so, but we
> should be careful nonetheless. Precaution is better than cure :)

I don't think so. I just said it that it likes so. The idea is ti fit the
line of lm in the scatterplot. That can be done also with excel and maybe
other applications. The only maybe dark side could be the name of the graph.
The minitab graph gives also the R an R squared. Most graphs that we do are
somewhere else implemented, I do not believe that we have an issue. But more
opinions should be appreciated.

Regards,
Ilias