[RkWard-devel] marketing

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Feb 19 14:08:42 UTC 2006

Hi Stefan,

> I talked to Pro-Linux (www.pro-linux.de
> <http://www018.gmx.net/de/cgi/derefer?TYPE=1&DEST=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Epro%2D
>linux%2Ede>; a popular German on-line Linux
> journal) if I can write an article about RKWard which then will be
> published there. They are very interested. But right now I have no good
> ideas what to write.
> My ideas were:
> -brief description (screen shoots), with a short history (I need to know if
> the main developers what to be mentioned with their names)

I'm certainly not opposed to having my name mentioned, but I can live without
that just as well. So: If it fits in nicely, mention me, else, don't. The
other developers, speak up for yourselves.
Of course, also I could provide you with way more "history or rkward" than
anybody would be interested in. If you need to fill in some bits, just
contact me via private mail.

> -current status
> -possibilities (custom plugin for own tests, as an short example (has
> somebody a new, short and good one? I'm struggling with mine (see other
> post from me) but maybe I'll add an example for distributions)
> -future of RKWard
> -call for support (packagers, developer, tester, marketing)

Well, I guess those should really be the most important points. Maybe it would
be a good idea to wait for the next release of rkward (which will hopefully
also take us much closer to an inclusion in debian), then you could use that
as a starting point.
I don't know, I suppose I wouldn't know where to start such an article,
myself. However, I'll certainly provide feedback even on *very* preliminary
versions of an article, if you would like me to.