[RkWard-devel] marketing

Stefan Rödiger stefan_roediger at gmx.de
Sun Feb 19 17:56:36 UTC 2006

Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>

>> I talked to Pro-Linux (www.pro-linux.de
>> <http://www018.gmx.net/de/cgi/derefer?TYPE=1&DEST=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Epro%2D
>> linux%2Ede>; a popular German on-line Linux
>> journal) if I can write an article about RKWard which then will be
>> published there. They are very interested. But right now I have no good
>> ideas what to write.
>> My ideas were:
>> -brief description (screen shoots), with a short history (I need to know if
>> the main developers what to be mentioned with their names)
>>

> I'm certainly not opposed to having my name mentioned, but I can live without
> that just as well. So: If it fits in nicely, mention me, else, don't. The
> other developers, speak up for yourselves.
> Of course, also I could provide you with way more "history or rkward" than
> anybody would be interested in. If you need to fill in some bits, just
> contact me via private mail.
>

>> -current status
>> -possibilities (custom plugin for own tests, as an short example (has
>> somebody a new, short and good one? I'm struggling with mine (see other
>> post from me) but maybe I'll add an example for distributions)
>> -future of RKWard
>> -call for support (packagers, developer, tester, marketing)
>>

> Well, I guess those should really be the most important points. Maybe it would
> be a good idea to wait for the next release of rkward (which will hopefully
> also take us much closer to an inclusion in debian), then you could use that
> as a starting point.
> I don't know, I suppose I wouldn't know where to start such an article,
> myself. However, I'll certainly provide feedback even on *very* preliminary
> versions of an article, if you would like me to.
>
> Regards
> Thomas

Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>

>> I talked to Pro-Linux (www.pro-linux.de
>> <http://www018.gmx.net/de/cgi/derefer?TYPE=1&DEST=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Epro%2D
>> linux%2Ede>; a popular German on-line Linux
>> journal) if I can write an article about RKWard which then will be
>> published there. They are very interested. But right now I have no good
>> ideas what to write.
>> My ideas were:
>> -brief description (screen shoots), with a short history (I need to know if
>> the main developers what to be mentioned with their names)
>>

> I'm certainly not opposed to having my name mentioned, but I can live without
> that just as well. So: If it fits in nicely, mention me, else, don't. The
> other developers, speak up for yourselves.
> Of course, also I could provide you with way more "history or rkward" than
> anybody would be interested in. If you need to fill in some bits, just
> contact me via private mail.
>

>> -current status
>> -possibilities (custom plugin for own tests, as an short example (has
> [...]
@All
My main intentions regarding the article is to attract more people who
want to contribute. It would be nice (at least for me) if in the next
release more functionality can be found. That's way I wanted to write it
as soon as possible. But regarding of your feedback it seems meaningful
to wait until the next release. When is the next release planed? Right
now I "copy" some functions of Rcmdr. I hope the finish the
distributions within the next two weeks.
@Thomas
A brief description of the history is important since it would be the
first article on pro-linux. Mentioning when the project was started (by
whom), when the first release came up and so on. But I'll write you a pm.