[RkWard-devel] menu entry for rkward on multiple places

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Apr 19 17:31:01 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 18 April 2006 18:05, mvillarino wrote:
> On my system, your programs can be accessed both thru two menu entries
> Education->Mathematics and Education->Science. I think this duplication is
> not correct.
> Version: 0.3.5 on kde 3.5.2 Debian package 4:3.5.2-2 (testing/unstable)
> OS: Linux (i686) release 2.6.8-1-386
> Installed for the debian package available on your project's site.

Indeed, this is probably not intended by the standard. As far as I understand,
it comes from the line

Categories=Education;Science;Math;

in rkward.desktop (but no, I do not fully understand, how .desktop files are
written). I think both Science and Math apply, and it's recommended to
additionally list Education as the "parent" category. Probably
either "Science" or "Math" would have to be discarded. Any opinions on which
fits better?