[RkWard-devel] Feature Request: auto completion

Stefan Rödiger stefan_roediger at gmx.de
Tue Apr 18 21:10:23 UTC 2006

Hi there,

I hope I haven't overseen something but I didn't find auto completion
neither in R itself (is there one?) nor in any GUI. Is there a way to
add a auto-completion as seen in any Linux/Unix console Kate or
Openoffice.org in the RKWard-console and RKWard-"script window"? The
console way (e.g.: apro ->tab tab -> apropos) is the best IMHO. The way
Kate does it (recognises already used expressions) is also good to use
at least frequently used commands. Therefore a "database" of frequently
used commands could be created by anyone (developers, users). I thinks
this improves RKWard as GUI enormously and makes writing faster. Maybe
you have more sophisticated methods in mind.