[RkWard-devel] Re: RKWard-devel digest, Vol 1 #121 - 4 msgs

Prasenjit Kapat kapatp at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 03:42:36 UTC 2005

Hi Thomas,
> kde-config --path data

~$ kde-config --path data
/home/seraph/.kde/share/apps/:/usr/share/apps/

> show? Did you have 0.3.3 installed/running previously (that had a faulty
> mechanism to locate this file)? If so, please try this: In

Yes, I had installed the 0.3.3 version from the .deb file using dpkg
-i, but i am not sure whether that was or wasn't able to locate this
file.

> Settings->Configure RKWard->Plugins, remove all entries for
> ".pluginmap-files". Ignore the warning, quit (using File->Quit or close; do
> not kill the app), and restart rkward. Does it
> find the file, now?

Yes! that works. the entry that I removed was plugins/standard_plugins.pluginmap
Then, I did as you said, and it fired up without error and the entry
that now exists is  /usr/share/apps/rkward/standard_plugins.pluginmap.
Thanks!

I had a few suggestions:
1. Specify a "*" (or some other means of notifying) when an opened
file is modified, and remove it as soon as its saved. This I guess is
a standard feature in all the editors.
2. When a new file (script/data/..) is opened, the window tab shows
"Unnamed", which is perfectly fine. But when it is "Saved As", say
file.R, the tab title still shows "Unnamed" which should chagne to the
name of the file, in this case "file.R"

Now a question. Does the help interface require html files? The reason
I ask this is, I did not have many of the htmls files. When I used
"?rnorm" at the RConsole, rkward crashed. But once I installed all the
html help files, it worked fine!

I'll try to keep my comments flowing. I hope they will be of some
help. I once again, appreciate all efforts being put behind this
project. Keep it going.

Kapat