[RkWard-devel] Re: RKWard-devel digest, Vol 1 #121 - 4 msgs

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Nov 7 19:18:35 UTC 2005

> XML-parsing 'plugins/standard_plugins.pluginmap' : Could not open file
> for reading
> XML-parsing 'plugins/standard_plugins.pluginmap' : Error parsing
> XML-file. Error-message was: 'unexpected end of file' in line '1',
> column '1'. Expect further errors to be reported below
>**********
>
> Now /usr/share/apps/rkward/ does contain the
> standard_plugins.pluginmap so does the folder,
> "~/tmp/rkward-0.3.4/rkward/plugins/". Should the entire rkward-0.3.4
> folder be moved to some 'common' place like /usr/local/ or
> /usr/share/local/ ??

Usually, /usr/share/apps/rkward should be correct on debian, and I can't see a
reason, why rkward does not find the file. What does

kde-config --path data

show? Did you have 0.3.3 installed/running previously (that had a faulty
mechanism to locate this file)? If so, please try this: In
Settings->Configure RKWard->Plugins, remove all entries for
".pluginmap-files". Ignore the warning, quit (using File->Quit or close; do
not kill the app), and restart rkward. Does it
find the file, now?

Thanks!